Zoltek Zrt. (Zoltek HU)
Zoltek roduces PAN based 50K carbon fiber that is low-cost, high performance
Our objective as a company is to lead the commercialization of carbon fiber as a primary composite building material.
ZOLTEK has become the worldwide leader in rated capacity for producing carbon fiber by making low-cost, high performance carbon fiber through a proprietary continuous carbonization process.
Zoltek Zrt. in Hungary was established in 1940, and started the production of viscose rayon in 1943 and acrylic fiber in 1973. The company was state owned between 1947 and 1995.
In 1995 the company was sold to ZOLTEK Co. and this marks the beginning of carbon fiber production in Hungary. Zoltek’s headquarter is in St. Louis, MO and has production facilities in St. Louis, in Abilene, TX and in Guadalajara, Mexico. Zoltek has representative offices around the world.
Since February, 2014 Zoltek is a member of the Toray group
Varga Jozsef ter 1 Nyergesujfalu, Hungary 2537
Tel: (36) 33-536-000
Fax: (36) 33-536-150
Group Companies based in Europe
- Toray Industries Europe GmbH (TEU)
- Toray International Europe GmbH (TIEU)
- Toray Resins Europe GmbH (TREU)
- Euro Advanced Carbon Fiber Composites GmbH (EACC)
- Greenerity GmbH (GNT)
- Toray Carbon Fibers Europe S.A. (CFE)
- Toray Films Europe S.A.S. (TFE)
- Alcantara S.p.A.
- Toray International Italy S.r.l. (TIIT)
- Composite Materials (Italy) s.r.l. (CIT)
- Delta-Tech S.p.A. (DELTA)
- Toray Membrane Spain S.L. (TMSP)
- Toray Membrane Europe AG (TMEU)
- Toray International U.K. Ltd. (TIUK)
- Toray Textiles Europe Ltd. (TTEL)
- Toray Advanced Composites
- Toray Textiles Central Europe s.r.o. (TTCE)
- Zoltek Zrt. (Zoltek HU)
- Toray Industries Hungary Kft. (THU)
- Alva Sweden AB